Sunday, June 9, 2013

Morgengifu

Fiction in a Flash ~ My Take

They say envy is green.  They’re wrong.  Envy is pink…like those gorgeous petals in the...

Fiction in a Flash ~ A Writing Game

                                (This picture was taken from the Internet) The rules are few and...

Conduit

She had arrived at the party alone, the way she always did.  For someone who had so many "friends"...

MASQUERADE

Taking a dim and rowdy viewof a world gone mad without reason,playing the fool with the rest of my...

Runaway

She had run away,disappearing from lifewhile she figured outhow to live for herself,and not for...

(Instructions by the midwife to the grandmother once the baby is born, in the BBC period drama "Call...

(Instructions by the midwife to the grandmother once the baby is born, in the BBC period drama "Call...

Her Missing Him

Whisper-soft,the feeling sidledwith silent treadinto her heart.Clarion-loud,it spoke its planto rest...

That may be because no one was around! Sheesh! And here I...



That may be because no one was around! Sheesh! And here I thought I had such great self-control! LOL!

How beautiful is this thought! How empowering! Lovely!



How beautiful is this thought! How empowering! Lovely!

Encounter

Summer time, winter time,Spring and fall time too,All I ever wish for isSome time alone with...

Raison d'être

Writing is my way of understandingHow the world around me moves along,Where the players are, the...

Her Aching Heart

Emily sat and watched them as they walked down the aisle.  She heard the wedding march, she listened...

"Seduce me. Write letters to me. And poems, I love poems. Ravish me with your words. Seduce me."

"Seduce me. Write letters to me. And poems, I love poems. Ravish me with your words. Seduce...

"Except you can't show a topless woman on TV - and you can't defibrillate a woman in a bra. So..."

"Except you can't show a topless woman on TV - and you can't defibrillate a woman in a bra. So...

Arslan Pride: *fuck*

Arslan Pride: *fuck*: roggyscanvas: "Beastly man," she texted back, "you just love working me up!"...

feministdisney: sanityscraps: thegoddamazon: maymay: "Repeat...


It turns out that if you ask the right questions in just the right way, some men will actually tell you that they're rapists. They'll just…admit it.


The key is, don't use the word rape. Just ask them what they've done.


Researchers asked 1,882 men: "Have you ever tried to have oral sex with someone by using (or threatening to use) physical force—twisting their arm, holding them down, etc.—if they did not cooperate?"


and: "Have you ever had sexual intercourse with someone, even though they didn't want to, because they were too intoxicated to resist your advances?"


120 answered yes.


(That's rape.)


1,882 men…


120 rapists.


They admitted to a total of 483 rapes and attempted rapes. 483!


Whoa.

feministdisney:

sanityscraps:

thegoddamazon:

maymay:

"Repeat Rape: How do they get away with it?", Part 1 of 2. (link to Part 2)

Sources:

  1. College Men: Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists,Lisak and Miller, 2002 [PDF, 12 pages]
  2. Navy Men: Lisak and Miller's results were essentially duplicated in an even larger study (2,925 men): Reports of Rape Reperpetration by Newly Enlisted Male Navy Personnel, McWhorter, 2009 [PDF, 16 pages]

By dark-side-of-the-room, who writes:

These infogifs are provided RIGHTS-FREE for noncommercial purposes. Repost them anywhere. In fact, repost them EVERYWHERE. No need to credit. Link to the L&M study if possible.

Knowledge is a seed; sow it.

Pretty much.

And that's not all. 43% of college men will admit to using "coercive behavior" to have sex with a woman… which of course is also rape.

Rape culture trains sociopaths.

this is good to have. I always want these studies and I always have trouble finding them via google.

Did anyone ask husbands?  Or is it okay for husbands to do those things to their wives?

Thank you...

…to Poetryslutsunited for elevating my poems to the hall of fame, and those who send my prose...

Awwww!  *chuckles*





Awwww!  *chuckles*

Cross Purposes

In her experience,nothing good ever came fromgood intentions…She worried that her honestywould...

I am an Anglophile, and a lover of British police drama, among...



I am an Anglophile, and a lover of British police drama, among other things.  Inspector Morse is one of my favorites, and this is the theme music for that show that bears his name.  I find it incredibly beautiful!  The horns, the violins…oh my God!  I could die happy listening to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment